Entrupy aims to ensure that our customers only deal in authentic items. We stand behind the Entrupy Certificate, and the authenticity of any item certified by Entrupy is backed by a one-year Financial Guarantee.
If you believe that an Entrupy verified item may not be authentic, please open a dispute request per our formal process detailed below. Once your dispute request is approved, we will complete the dispute process as promptly as possible, typically within ten (10) business days after the disputed item is received by Entrupy.
The financial guarantee may not be claimed for items for which authentication results and certificates have been invalidated.
Entrupy Dispute Process:
- Within the Entrupy app, mark the item in question for a Dispute.
- Complete the Financial Guarantee Application Form with all required information and documents. You will be informed of potential Dispute Fees that may be incurred and the Financial Guarantee Payments that may be due to you, per the dispute findings. You will input a valid credit card and authorize us to charge the potential Dispute Fees that may be incurred.
- The Entrupy team will reach out to you to inform you if the claim form has been provisionally accepted, or if further information is required.
- If the Financial Guarantee Application Form has been provisionally accepted, we will supply you with shipping instructions.
- During a Dispute, our team will re-authenticate the item. We will also have the item authenticated by one, or multiple, reputable independent experts, depending on the claim value of the item being disputed.
- If the Dispute confirms that Entrupy had correctly assessed the item as Authentic, you will be charged Dispute Fees (per below Table 2) and we will ship the item back to you.
- If the Dispute confirms that Entrupy had incorrectly assessed the item as Authentic, Entrupy will issue a Financial Guarantee Payment to you (per below Table 1). Entrupy will retain possession of the item if a payment on the claim is made.
The chart below summarizes the outcomes of the Entrupy Dispute process:
Who can open a dispute and claim the Financial Guarantee?
|Entrupy Dispute Findings
||§ You will be charged Dispute Fees, per below Table 2.
§ Entrupy will ship the item back to you.
|Authenticity not confirmed
||§ Entrupy will make a Financial Guarantee Payment to you, per below Table 1.
§ Entrupy will reimburse you the expense for shipping the item to Entrupy.
§ Entrupy will retain possession of the item.
Can I transfer the Financial Guarantee to another party?
- The holder of the most recent Entrupy Certificate may claim the Financial Guarantee for items authenticated with their own Entrupy account and displaying their name on the Entrupy Certificate, for which they have a proof of purchase in their name. Only the most recent Certificate Holder, as listed on the Entrupy Certificate, may open a dispute.
- The Certificate Holder must have ownership of the disputed item at the time of the dispute.
- All prior Entrupy Certificates are invalidated upon the creation of a new certificate for the same item.
How long is the Financial Guarantee valid?
- Currently Entrupy Certificates and the Financial Guarantee may not be transferred to any third parties.
What is covered by the Financial Guarantee Payment?
- The Financial Guarantee is valid to the most recent Certificate Holder for a period of one year from the original authentication result. It is not extendable for periods beyond one year.
How does the Financial Guarantee apply to consignment or marketplace sales?
- We will request documentation from you to substantiate proof of procurement and the price that you paid for the item.
- For sneakers, the item that you ship to Entrupy must contain both sneakers which are identical to the pair of sneakers that were originally authenticated by Entrupy.
- Entrupy will compare the price for which you procured the item against the prevailing market rate for items of similar style, age and condition, by referencing publicly available sources. If the documented procurement price is significantly higher than the prevailing market rate, Entrupy reserves the right to set a lower Financial Guarantee Payment based on the prevailing market value.
- No other fees, charges, or costs associated with the item are covered. Any costs incurred by the Certificate Holder, including other shipping and third party authentication services, are expressly not covered by the Financial Guarantee.
- For transactions in foreign currency (non-USD), the Financial Guarantee will be paid in local currency when possible or at the exchange rate at time of payment.
What counts as Proof of Purchase
- Entrupy will pay 100% of the value of any commissions paid or due to your consignor, in respect of the final sale of an Entrupy authenticated item to an end-customer.
- We will request documentation from you to substantiate proof of consignment, customer sale and payout to your consignor.
- You must have rights over the sneakers. If the consigner still has claim to the item, it cannot be disputed.
Entrupy initially issued an Authentic result for this item, but it is now showing to be Unknown. Can I claim a Financial Guarantee?
- A Proof of purchase must demonstrate clearly the amount claimed, identify the item being disputed as being the item related to said payment, and show that the party making the payment is the most recent Certificate Holder.
- This may be a combination of documents that may include, but is not limited to:
- A purchase receipt
- A loan agreement
- A consignment contract
How is the Financial Guarantee paid?
- In rare circumstances, Entrupy may change the authentication result for an item.
- The Financial Guarantee may not be claimed for items for which authentication results and certificates have been invalidated.
Can I challenge the findings of the Dispute process?
- Financial Guarantee Payments are made via wire transfer.
Table 1: Entrupy Financial Guarantee Payments:
- The findings of the Entrupy Dispute process are final.
|Entrupy direct customer (transaction type)
||Financial Guarantee Payment
(in the event of Authenticity being not confirmed)
||100% of the documented purchase price paid by you for the item *
||100% of the documented loan value paid by you for the item *
|Consignment or marketplace transaction
||100% of the value of any commissions paid or due to your consignor for the item *
||Entrupy will pay you $100.00
Table 2: Entrupy Dispute Fee:
- * Entrupy will compare the price for which you procured the item against the prevailing market rate for items of similar style, age and condition, by referencing publicly available sources. If the documented procurement price is significantly higher than the prevailing market rate, Entrupy reserves the right to set a lower Financial Guarantee Payment based on the prevailing market value.
|Claimed Financial Guarantee Payment
||Entrupy Dispute Fee
(in the event of Authenticity being re-confirmed)
|Between $500.00 and $1000.00