Entrupy Financial Guarantee
Entrupy aims to help our customers make sure that the items they sell are authentic. We stand behind the authenticity of any item we authenticate (each, a “Certified Item”) and provide our customers a one-year financial guarantee for every Certified Item (the “Guarantee”). While you may use the Guarantee in connection with your customers, the Guarantee is only offered to our direct customers (i.e., organizations or individuals who purchase Entrupy services) and all claims related to the Guarantee must be made by you, and not your customers. If an individual in possession of a Certified Item contacts us with questions or concerns about such item, we will refer them to the Entrupy customer from whom they bought the item.
For the purposes of the financial guarantee, Entrupy reserves a window of 15 minutes during Entrupy business hours (10AM to 7PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays), to invalidate authentication results and certificates.
Entrupy Dispute Process:
If you believe that a Certified Item may not be authentic, please open a dispute request by following the steps below. We will complete the dispute process as promptly as possible, typically within seven (7) to ten (10) business days.
- Within the Entrupy app, flag the item in question.
- Complete the Authentication Dispute Form
- The Entrupy team will reach out to you to collect further information, and perform an initial review.
- Following the initial review, we may request that you ship the item to us for manual review.
- If a manual review is required, we will provide you with instructions to ship the item and supporting materials to our business address.
- If a manual review is not required, we will provide you with additional documentation to support our initial Authentic result.
- During a manual review, our team will re-inspect the item. We will also have the item inspected by one, or multiple, reputable independent experts. Following the manual review, we will provide you with a report of our and the independent experts’ findings.
- If the manual review confirms that we correctly assessed the item as Authentic, we will ship the item back to you. We will charge you for all shipping and external authentication costs incurred during the dispute process.
- If the manual review reveals that Entrupy incorrectly authenticated the item, we will make a Guarantee payment as set forth below.
Guarantee Payment Amounts:
|Entrupy direct customer (business type)||Financial guarantee payment|
|Business seller||Entrupy will pay you 100% of the documented purchase price paid by you for the item.|
|Pawn broker*||Entrupy will pay you 100% of the documented loan value paid by you for the item.|
|Consignment or marketplace operator*
(i.e. do not own the item but facilitate its sale)
|Entrupy will pay 100% of the value of any commissions paid or due to your consignor for the item.|
* If the item was purchased outright, Entrupy will pay you 100% of the documented purchase price paid by you for the item.
Who can open a dispute and claim the financial guarantee?
Entrupy’s direct customers may claim the Guarantee for items authenticated with their own Entrupy account and displaying their name on the Entrupy Certificate.
Is the Guarantee transferable?
Currently Entrupy Certificates and the Guarantee may not be transferred to any third parties.
How long is the Guarantee valid?
The Guarantee is valid for a period of one year from the original authentication result.
What is the amount of the financial guarantee payment?
We will request documentation from you to substantiate the price paid for the item in the relevant transaction.
We will compare the price that you paid for the item against the prevailing market rate for items of similar style, age and condition, by referencing publicly available sources. If the documented purchase price is significantly higher than the prevailing market rate, we reserve the right to pay the lower market value.
How does the Guarantee apply to consignment?
Entrupy will pay 100% of the value of any commissions paid or due to your consignor, in respect of the final sale of an Entrupy authenticated item to an end-customer.
We will request documentation from you to substantiate proof of consignment, customer sale and payout to your consignor.
We will compare the price that you sold the item against the prevailing market rate for items of similar style, age and condition, by referencing publicly available sources. If the documented sales price is significantly higher than the prevailing market rate, we reserve the right to pay a percentage of the lower market value.
Entrupy initially issued an Authentic result for this item, but it is now showing to be Unknown. Can I claim the Guarantee?
In rare circumstances, Entrupy may change the authentication result for an item, and we will immediately notify you in such cases.
For the purposes of the financial guarantee, Entrupy reserves a window of 15 minutes during Entrupy business hours (10AM to 7PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays), to invalidate authentication results and certificates. The financial guarantee may not be claimed for these items.
Can I challenge the findings of the dispute process?
The findings of the Entrupy dispute process are final.